How Your Donation Helps
ABOARD’s Autism Connection of PA is a grassroots organization with a small budget and huge mission. Currently, we serve over 8,000 people across the state of Pennsylvania. We primarily serve people in Western Pennsylvania, but we have been called for help from as far away as Bermuda.
Every day we take calls from service professionals, parents, and adults on the spectrum, and provide help for their autism concerns. To continue our work, we depend primarily on donations from people like you, with the occasional grant from private foundations or similar entities.
The Services that Your Donation Funds Include:
- Free phone counseling from our Family Service Coordinators, providing support and referrals to anyone who calls. (Meet our helpful staff.)
- Frequent conferences covering many autism related subjects. (See our list of past conferences.)
- Our free lending library of over 800 autism related books and DVDs. (Visit our online library listing.)
- Outdoor activities and field trips for arts and science, free for our members. (See our upcoming community events.)
- Autism speakers that visit businesses and schools. (See our upcoming conferences.)
- Mailed packets tailored to provide specific autism information. (See our list of autism resources.)
- Sixty-one support groups in forty-seven counties across Pennsylvania. (See our list of autism support groups in PA.)
All of the services that we offer require money to fulfill our mission. We prefer not to put our energy into fundraising activities, choosing instead to focus our attention on the needs of people with autism and their caregivers.
Your donation allows our staff to do our best outreach, counseling, and information sharing. Please Donate.
Executive Director of ABOARD’s Autism Connection of PA