Support for Professionals
Welcome to the tour of our web site.
National Institute of Mental Heath Autism Study
In the About Autism section of this web site, there is a nine page tour that covers many aspects of autism. These nine pages were excepted from a more detailed medical article which contains extensive references and resources. If you prefer, you may read the original article here: NIMH Autism Spectrum Study. To order a printed copy, call 1-866-615-NIMH (6464). For additional information, please visit the NIMH Web site.
ABOARD’s Autism Connection of PA offers over fifty support groups throughout Pennsylvania. Most of these groups serve parents of people with autism, as well as their children. There are also several social groups that serve teens and adults with autism. You can read a more detailed description of these groups on our Support Groups Page, and view a complete list of Autism Support Groups in PA sorted by county.
Our Autism Resources pages were specifically written to serve autism professionals. On these pages we cover:
- Autism Resources: Our online directory of autism resources.
- Autism Lending Library: Our library, containing over 800 books and other media about autism.
- Lending Library Information: Information about Our library, including a book request form. You can request up to four books per month. We will ship books for free to anywhere in Pennsylvania.
- Autism Tool Kit: Resources to help children, teens, and adults with autism interact successfully at home, in school, and in the workplace.
- Medical Assistance: Information on how people with autism can receive Medical Assistance.
- Health Insurance Coverage: Information about health insurance coverage for people with autism.
- Autism Research Studies: A list of paying studies that aid in autism research.
- Autism Student Checklists: Printable self-advocacy booklets for grade school and high school students, as well as a guide for teachers.
- Autism Wraparound Directory: A list of respite services in Pennsylvania available to people with autism from ages 3 to 21.
We participate in and sponsors many Autism Events every year.
- Many of these events are Autism Community Events for families of people with autism, and are open to the entire autism community.
- Some of these events are educational Autism Conferences, providing the latest information about autism and related disorders. Most of these seminars provide continuing education credits to professionals.
- We also sponsor Autism Fundraisers that help our organization continue its good work providing autism support.
Ways to Contribute to ABOARD’s Autism Connection of PA
As a non-profit organization, a significant part of our revenue comes from donations.
- You can make Donations to our organization through PayPal, Purchase, or GoodSearch.
- You can also become a Partner and help us support the autism community. As a Partner, you will be acknowledged in our quarterly newsletter, your web site will be linked to from our site, and you will receive discounted exhibitor rates at our conferences.
- You can Donate a Book or other item to our statewide lending library. If you have unneeded books, DVDs, or other media that are related to autism, we would greatly appreciate your donation. Your contribution may be tax deductible, and you will be acknowledged by an official Note of Thanks placed inside each item.
- We always welcome Volunteers. There are many ways that you can help out, including clerical work, volunteering at our autism events, and lending your special talents, such as fundraising or grant writing. You can also volunteer to be a member of our Professional Advisory Council.
- You can also Show Your Support by writing letters to Congress, promoting our organization on your web site or blog, or writing letters of support to friends and family.
Our community is filled with dedicated individuals and organizations who are committed to supporting people with autism and their families.
- Our Staff: Our helpful staff are the first point of contact for many of your clients. Our Family Service Coordinators are available by phone or email from 10:00am to 3:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Our Board of Directors: Our dedicated Board of Directors are responsible for making organizational policy decisions.
- Our Professional Advisory Council: The members of our Professional Advisory Council provide our organization with advice and guidance.
- Our Partners: Our Partners are businesses, organizations, and corporations that have supported our organization over the years.
You can send us correspondence, or visit our offices at:
35 Wilson Street, Suite 100
Pittsburgh, PA 15223
E-Blast and Newsletter
You can stay up to date with what is happening at ABOARD’s Autism Connection of PA with a Subscription to our weekly E-Blast and quarterly Newsletter.