Support for People with Autism
Welcome to the tour of our web site.
In this tour, we have listed the pages in this site that may be of interest to people on the autism spectrum, along with a brief description of each page.
In this site’s About Autism section, you can learn more about autism spectrum disorders, from diagnosis through adulthood.
- About Autism: Information about autism, including some common signs and symptoms of the condition.
- Autism Diagnosis: Information about how an autism diagnosis is made.
- Signs & Symptoms of Autism: A list of common indicators of ASD, with an explanation of their cause.
- Characteristics of Autism: A list of common autism characteristics.
- Autism Help: A description of academic and government programs that help people on the autism spectrum.
- Treatment Goals for Autism: A list of common interventions used to treat autism.
- Autism Related Disorders: A list of conditions that may accompany autism spectrum disorders.
- Autism and Adults: A description of how adults with autism can overcome some of the challenges that they commonly face.
- Glossary of Terms: A glossary of common autism-related terms.
Autism Spectrum Support Groups
ABOARD’s Autism Connection of PA offers several support groups for teens and adults on the autism spectrum in the Pittsburgh Metropolitan area. If there is not a support group in your area and you would like to start one, please see our Support Group Guidelines.
- Support Groups: A description of our support groups.
- Autism Support Groups in PA: A database of of our support groups across the state of Pennsylvania.
We also provide information about the resources available to people with autism in Pennsylvania.
- Autism Resources: We have put our directory of autism resources online for your use.
- Autism Lending Library: Our library, containing books and other media about autism.
- Lending Library Information: Information about our library, including a book request form. You can request up to four books per month. We will ship books for free to anywhere in Pennsylvania.
- Autism Tool Kit: Resources to help children, teens, and adults with autism interact successfully at home, in school, and in the workplace.
- Medical Assistance for Autism: Information on how people with autism can receive Medical Assistance.
- Health Insurance Coverage For Autism: Information about health insurance coverage for people with autism.
- Autism Research Studies: Paying studies that aid in autism research.
- Autism Student Checklists: Booklets that help teachers understand the needs of students with autism.
- Autism Wraparound Directory: A list of respite services in Pennsylvania available to people with autism from ages 3 to 21.
We offer many autism-related events each year, such as fun activities for the autism community, autism conferences, and autism fundraisers.
- Events: A listing of all of our upcoming events.
- Autism Community Events: Events for people with autism and their families.
- Autism Conferences: Educational conferences about autism.
- Autism Fundraisers: Events that help us raise money for the autism community.
Contribute to ABOARD’s Autism Connection of PA
Here are six easy ways that you can help us help people with autism across Pennsylvania.
- Donate: A page where you can make donations through PayPal, Purchase, or GoodSearch.
- How Your Donation Helps: A description of how we use the contributions we receive.
- Show Your Support: Ways to use writing to help us support the autism community.
- Donate a Book: Ways to contribute books to our library.
- Volunteer: Ways to contribute your time to help us help the autism community.
- Shopping: Products you can buy that support our organization.
Information about ABOARD’s Autism Connection of PA and the people who run it.
- About Us: The history of our organization.
- Our Staff: A listing of our staff members.
- Our Board of Directors: A listing of our board of directors.
- Our Professional Advisory Council: Professionals who provide our organization with advice and guidance.
- Our Partners: Companies and Organizations that support our organization.
How to contact us and subscribe to our weekly E-Blast and quarterly Newsletter. Past issues of our publications are also available to download on this web site.
- Contact Us: How to reach us by phone, email, or contact us through this web site.
- Email Subscription: A contact form that lets you join our weekly E-Blast and our quarterly Newsletter.
- Newsletter Archive: An archive of our quarterly Newsletters going back to 2008.
- E-Blast Archive: An archive of our weekly E-Blasts from January 2011 onwards. Earlier E-Blasts are available on request.