In the News
ABOARD’s Autism Connection of PA is frequently in the news. Our fundraisers are always covered and our conferences often make the papers. In this section, you can also read about the recipients of our annual Grandin Award. Check back here frequently to see new media coverage of our organization.
- Police Officer Gives Back to Autism December 16, 2011
TJ Burke kicks off new Frostbite 5K run/walk for Advisory Board on Autism and Related Disorders (ABOARD) To see the press release for this event, click HERE. Pittsburgh, PA. Join in the first Frostbite 5K event at North Park Boathouse, Saturday Jan...
- 2012 Diversity Fellows Program October 25, 2011
The Western Pa chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, AFP-WPA Chapter announces 2012 Diversity Fellows Program Click HERE to Download the 2012 AFPWPA Diversity Program Press Release The Association of Fundraising Professionals, We...
- Masquerade Bowl Event to Benefit Children With Autism May 6, 2011
Masquerade Bowl, a fundraiser to benefit children with autism and their families, is hosted by the Advisory Board on Autism and Related Disorders (ABOARD). http://www.yoursouthhills.com/node/18470
- The Royal Masquerade Bowl Supports Autism Charity May 6, 2011
The Caste Family Fund and ABOARD hosted a fundraising event at Princess Lanes/Prior's Tap & Tavern in Whitehall on Saturday night. http://baldwin-whitehall.patch.com/articles/the-royal-masquerade-bowl-supports-autism-charity#photo-5969435
- Nurse-musician for inaugural autism fundraiser April 21, 2011
Organizer of the inaugural Spring Fling for Autism, Stover, 53, of Harrison wanted to host a large event where the general public and the autism community could come together. It will benefit the Advisory Board on Autism and Related Disorders, known as...
- Spotlight on Advisory Board on Autism & Related Disorders April 15, 2011
Autism and autism-spectrum disorders (ASD) such as Asperger’s syndrome have been getting a lot of attention lately. This is due in large part to the commitment of people with autism and their families to advocate for themselves and educate others abo...
- ABOARD to Benefit from Spring Fling for Autism Blues Night April 9, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. The Advisory Board on Autism and Related Disorders (ABOARD) will be the beneficiary of the first annual “Spring Fling for Autism” rhythm and blues night. NEWS Spring Fling For Autism
- ABOARD to Host First Masquerade Bowl March 20, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA. The Advisory Board on Autism and Related Disorders (ABOARD) of Pennsylvania will be holding its first “Masquerade Bowl” event on May 7. The event will be a fun evening of costumes with a “royal” theme, with bowling optional b...
- Conference Addressing BioMedical Options to Treat Autism March 10, 2011
The Advisory Board on Autism and Related Disorders (ABOARD) will hold its Second Integrative Biomedical Treatment Options Program for Children and Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders. NEWS Conference BioMed March 2011
- ABOARD Bestows its Annual Award for Service to the Autism Community February 28, 2011
ABOARD of Pennsylvania recently awarded its annual Grandin Award to Bonnie Jamieson at their February 2011 Gala. NEWS Grandin Award 2011 02 18
- ABOARD Appoints New Executive Director February 26, 2011
Advisory Board on Autism and Related Disorders (ABOARD) Appoints New Executive Director NEWS Luciana Randall Appointed New Executive Director
- ABOARD Gala held at J. Verno Studios on the South Side February 20, 2011
The 11th annual Gala to benefit ABOARD (The Advisory Board on Autism and Related Disorders) began with a wine tasting and silent auction Saturday at J. Verno Studios on the South Side. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11039/1123775-460.stm?cmpid=news.xml